Wednesday 4 May 2011

A long weekend with the chooks...

Somewhat unsurprisingly I have spent the whole long weekend cooing over my lovely girls. Not that I’m one to hold a grudge, but the boyf still hasn’t chicken proofed the garden and with next doors dog frequently making little trips through the hedge I’m still on high alert re: chicken free ranging.  So, in an effort to keep Mildred and Maude happy, and for me to continue my chicken training activities the boyf has had to think fast and come up with a stop gap solution....

It ain’t pretty that’s for sure. It’s certainly not a permanent solution, but this hideous orange plastic fencing is cheap as chips, rolls away and for the time being, gives the girls a chance to stretch their wings...they love it the little nutters. 
Even the boyf who harbours a deep but very secret fear of chickens (as much as he plays it down...) got involved with the girls in their little run.
I think I might have to give up on the boyf chicken proofing for now (he’s far too busy extending the drive for the mum’s massive new car to fit in...) and invest in some Omlet chicken netting. It seems like the best compromise for the time being, although it is expensive!
Any better ideas?



1 comment:

  1. It looks like you're doing a brilliant job.

    We have electric chicken fencing around our girls, to stop Mr Fox, although you probably don't need this level of fencing it is roll out roll awayable!

    A company I would recommend for all things 'chicken' is: http://flytesofancy.co.uk/index.html

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete