Friday 6 May 2011

Ice pack for Maude...

The magic of the first egg still hasn’t worn off. After hours of bank holiday weekend watching I discovered that it was Maude, my fat ginger bird...sorry vulptuous flame haired lovely (a title I would like to go by myself...) who has been my star layer. However, it didn’t take long for skinny blonde Mildred to catch up and this week we have been getting two eggs a day. I thought nothing could top this...


But then one afternoon, I found THIS in the nest box....


Looking bigger than ever next to Mildred’s teeny tiny second egg...


It turned out to be a double yoker too, she's such a clever girl...

Thank you Maude!

She's not just a pretty face...

3 comments:

  1. WOW, what a lay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! How awesome is that!

    I love your blog!

    I think your ideas are really funky and your eglu go looks great! :0)

    Going to buy that book by the Strawbridge's too!

    Thanks for following me! Keep in touch!

    Martin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Martin- so excited that you like the blog!

    Let me know how you get on with Dick adn James-I'm sure they'll have you super insulatiing your house with hay bales in no time!

    H x

    ReplyDelete